Care & Wash Instructions
- Store used/dirty nappies in an airtight container and wash them within 2-3 days
- Remove any solids if storing in a container before washing. You can also use nappy liners to catch solids and then dispose of thoughtfully
- Do not soak nappies as this will wear out the nappies faster
- We do not recommend to Napisan the nappies
- All of your nappies can be washed together as the colours will not run
- Do a rinse cycle first then wash with cold water; or add a pre-rinse to your cycle
- Maximum wash temperature is 40°C (high temperatures will affect the waterproof layer)
- We recommend that you DO NOT use any detergent that contains:
- bleach (including oxygen bleach/whiteners)
- fabric softener
- plant oils
- any other additives (including brighteners, whiteners, dyes, perfumes, essential oils etc)
- Detergent brands we recommend are Ecostore and Aware (available at most Woolworths or Coles). Alternatively you can use mother natures alternative to detergent, soapnuts which are available on our website (Note: this is different to lux soap flakes, which we do not recommend)
- Do not tumble dry nappy shells
- We recommend drying nappies in the sun (as it is a natural bleach) - although direct sunlight is not required, just exposure to natural light
- Hang nappies on the line on their side to avoid the elastic stretching
GENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Be gentle when undoing the snaps so that you don’t weaken the material
- DO NOT USE BARRIER CREAMS, as they will leave a film on the nappies which will reduce their absorbency. You could try a cornstarch powder instead or something like coconut oil
Pre First Use Wash Instructions
- To build the absorbency of the nappies (especially the inserts, think of them like a new towel) your can either:
b) Alternatively you can soak the nappies in a water for 24 hours and then wash in the washing machine once with detergent
Strip Cleaning Nappies EVERY 3-6 MONTHS or if you need to increase absorbency:
- First wash your clean nappies in warm water (40°C) with no detergent filled up to a high level
- Then wash your nappies again using a small amount of dishwashing liquid (yes, the one you use on your dishes - one that has no moisturiser). You can put the liquid directly into the drum of your machine
- Rinse as many times as necessary to remove any suds
If you have any other questions send us an email at email@example.com
COMMON WASHING & DRYING FAQs
Q: Why can’t I use fabric softener?
A: Fabric softener can decrease the absorbency of the nappies
Q: Why can’t I use bleach?
A: It will wear the nappies.
Q: Can I use barrier creams or powder on my baby?
A: You shouldn’t use barrier creams as they can leave a film on the nappies, but powder is fine.
Q: Will the colours run?
A: No, they won’t. All of your nappies can be washed together without a problem.